Thursday, June 11, 2015

Resources and Information

Students and Parents:
During this very difficult time in our community, I'm sure there are many who are experiencing wide varieties of emotions- from anger, fear, guilt, shock, denial, questions and other strong emotions.  I have attached two articles on grief you may find helpful. 

Students, I do not have set office hours in the summer, but I would like to let you know that I would be happy to set up a time to meet with you, either in individually or with a group of students if you would like to visit.  Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you in any way.

I would also like to provide you with some community resources that you could access if needed:
Local clergy/pastors
Seasons Center - Estherville
Hope Haven - has a Therapist based out of Estherville - call the Emmetsburg office.  

Death and Grief
If someone close to you has died, you probably feel  overwhelmed with grief. Read about some things that might help you cope.
http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_mind/emotions/someone_died.html?ETF=20953.

​Another Article​