- Parent Student Handbook
- Graduation Requirements
- ELC Course Offering Handbook
- Contact Me
- ILCC Courses
- RAI (Regent Schools Admission Index)
- ICAN (Iowa College Access Network)
- Outside Resources/Community Support
- Job Shadows
- College Planning Resources/Websites
- High School Bell Schedules
- High School Lunch Assignments
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Thursday, March 2, 2017
ELC Juniors ~ Contact information about this opportunity listed below!
I am contacting you today with information about the Tippie Gateway Program, a six day FREE residential program for students interested in studying business at Iowa – in the hopes that you will share this information with your students.
The Tippie Gateway Program is intended for current high school juniors. The program is in the summer between the students junior and senior year. Preference will be given to applicants from populations under-represented in business including minority, low-income, and/or first-generation. We will select 45 students to participate in this scholarship-funded program. The only cost for participants is their travel to and from campus.
· Six-day, residential program: Sunday June 25 through Friday June 30, 2017
· No cost to the students; housing, meals, and other expense are covered by scholarships
· Learn about the various business majors: Finance, Marketing, Economics etc
· Interactive workshops focused on their strengths as students and leaders
· Participate in a case study competition
· Interact with students, faculty, staff and alumni of the Tippie College of Business
· Applications accepted through April 1, 2017 https://tippie.uiowa.edu/futur
e-undergraduates/admissions/ high-school-students/tippie- gateway-program
· Participants will be selected and notified by April 15th
If you have questions or want to discuss the program further, please call the Undergraduate Program Office in the Tippie College of Business at 319-335-1037 and ask to speak with Gabriela, as I will be happy to talk with you about this important (and FREE!) opportunity for your students!
Best wishes and Go Hawks!
Assistant Director, Diversity, Inclusion and Student Success
Henry B. Tippie College of Business
Undergraduate Program Office, C140
108 John Pappajohn Business Building
The University of Iowa
Phone: (319) 335-1037 | Fax: (319) 335-3692
Friday, January 20, 2017
Reminder: Here is the link to our local scholarships + other scholarships and scholarship searches. I will hold another scholarship workshop next week on Wed. during 7th and advisory in the "C" wing lab for anyone who needs help. Please go out there and look at the deadlines - some are coming up quickly!!!! There is alot of $$ out there if you are willing to take the time to do the applications. Also, check with colleges you are attending on their scholarships and deadlines!
Friday, November 18, 2016
The online and face 2 face ILCC classes for 2nd semester (including CNA) are available. If you are interested please stop in to get a packet of the classes offered to begin looking at class times and options. Come in Monday to work on your schedule and picking college classes. A couple of reminders:
You must be in good academic standing at the high school.
9th/10th grade must be TAG/GIFTED identified to be eligible and meet ELC and ILCC's eligibility guidelines (see me to see if you qualify).
11th/12th you must meet ELC and ILCC's eligibility guidelines to take classes
College classes must be scheduled around high school classes. You CANNOT miss a high school course because of college (other than Wed. early out schedule). It is your responsibility to communicate with High School teachers about this!
Anyone who wishes to take an ILCC class next semester AT the college or online through the college (THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE our dual credit classes taught HERE) needs to stop in Monday to work on schedules and get registered.
You can view the ILCC class offerings HERE also.